Friday, July 29, 2005

Of Gorillaz and iPods

For someone that people might consider somewhat technologically inclined, it was only until yesterday that I started listening to podcasts. I don't have a definitive set of music to listen to, but all the different podcasts can probably help me with that. I can get tech news, indie music, decent talk radio. But I do not condone use of an iPod, in fact I try to dissuade it to give other companies a shot. But with the release of iTunes version 4.9, Apple has brought podcasting into the mainstream and now has unspeakable amounts of free marketing just from the word "podcast" which by no means needs an iPod (any mp3 player will do). And now I am partly dissapointed with myself for being part of the majority and how I have the "most popular" mp3 player and the "most popular" mp3 managment/podcasting software. Popularity doesn't mean sh!t to me, if the product is effective I'll use it.

As for the Gorillaz, well I'm short on time so all I can say is:

[Pick up "Demon Days"]

1 comment:

TheIndieKid said...

I used iPodder before it really went mainstream, and I wasn't really all that impressed by what I saw. For music, mp3 blogs are better; though I guess if you're into talk show radio, podcasting is appealing. But to me it's a waste of space and energy. :\

"Feel Good Inc." windmills baby.