Thursday, July 07, 2005

I've decided to add another function to my blog. That function is a review for just about anything. More often than not I will review and recommend Anime and Manga, Japanese cartoons and comics. [If you don't like it, piss off]. I used my xanga for the same purpose, but I found that too many of the other bloggers were anime fanboys. Blogger dot com seems to be a more remote and unbiased center where the other bloggers are open to new and/or different ideas. I begin this process with a review of Fullmetal Alchemist.

Fullmetal Alchemist is the almost mythical story of two brothers, Edward and Alphonse Elric, who are young alchemists who are punished for attempting to use alchemy to ressurect their dead mother. They are eleven and twelve at the time. Alphonse, the younger brother, loses his body, while Edward loses his left leg. [I know it sounds pretty rough, but stay with me] Acting quickly, Ed seals his brother's soul to a nearby suit of armor. For this, Edward loses his right arm. Ed has his arm and leg replaced with [very cool] metal prosthetics. Although they give up their initial dream of ressurecting their mother, they set out to become "State Alchemists" and create the the Philosopher's Stone and regain Ed's missing limbs and Al's body. Little do they know, but they will embark on a journey that will surpass their already difficult expectations.

No comments: