Friday, September 02, 2005

Drink Up, Javaheads

I'm doing this project for the AP English Language class that I'm entering next week. It has kept me occupied (and driven me crazy) for a good amount of the summer, but I know it's for my own good and literary well-being. (Plus, the teacher, who may come off as boring, is a pretty cool guy.) I have to find 5 articles a week, summarize them, and give a reaction. (In one paragraph) I stumble across some interesting articles, and recently (yesterday, in fact) I found one about the benefits of coffee.

I'm not much of a coffee drinker. I can handle strong stuff, but that doesn't mean I like it. But I might start drinking more, though. Studys show that coffee contains by far the most antioxidants than any other food product. Antioxidants are known to help prevent certain types of cancer and are also good for skincare and whatnot. Hey, if it helps my chances against cancer and helps maintain baby-soft skin, what the hell, down the hatch. But besides the health benefits, I think coffee helps me think clearer. Although I might get jitters when I drink it with an empty stomach, I find that those times are the when I have the most clarity. To any of those who actually read this, I want your opinion. Also I have another question of dire importance:

Q: If 1 pirate were to face 1 ninja in a fight to the death, who would win?
(My)A: Ninja (although my name is Iron
pirate) I'll give you yhe logic behind my answer when I get some feedback.

No comments: